Saturday, November 6, 2010

Chicken Divan


2 pkgs (10-oz) frozen broccoli
3 chicken breasts, cooked and deboned
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp lemon juice
Dash (or alot!) curry powder
Bread crumbs
1/2 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese

Cook broccoli, and arrange in greased baking dish. Place chicken on top. Combine soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice and curry powder. Pour over chicken. Top with bread crumbs and shredded cheese. Bake at 325 for 25-30 minutes.

I modified this recipe for picky people who don't like broccoli, and substituted rice (I serve the broccoli on the side). It is well-known among my family simply as chicken and rice. After cooking the chicken, I use the broth to cook rice. I debone and cube the chicken, mix it with the cooked rice, and the mayonnaise/cream of chicken soup mixture (as described above), then top it with bread crumbs and cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment